"Home of the Flyers"
Farristown Middle School Dress Code
Farristown Middle School
- Must be in good condition with no tears, cuts, or holes.
- Must be appropriate and show no visible undergarments.
- All students must remain in dress code until they exit the building or are in attendance at an extracurricular activity.
- Must be full length, khaki or denim pants. Pants that fit tight like leggings are not permitted. Leggings and jeggings are not permitted. Cargo pants are not permitted. Khakis may be any color as long as they are khaki material and do not fit too tight.
- Pants must be worn at the waist. Joggers are not permitted.
- Shorts are not permitted. (Athletic practices and wellness classes are exceptions.)
- Belts do not have to be worn UNLESS the student does not follow the dress code appropriately. THIS WILL BE STRICTLY enforced. No sagging pants at all.
- Skirts must be knee-length or longer and must be khaki or denim material as well.
- Solid color polos or solid color sweatshirts are approved for dress code as long as no logo appears on the shirt. (A monogram is permitted on sweatshirt only if it
is in pocket area of sweatshirt.)
- Approved school t-shirts or sweatshirts (non-hooded) may be worn on any day.
- Shirts do NOT have to be tucked in as long as the shirt is the appropriate size. NO baggy shirts.
- All shirts must be the appropriate size for the student. Oversized shirts are not permitted.
- No garments considered to be undergarments shall be visible.
- Jackets, coats, and hoodies must be stored in lockers during the day.
ACCESSORIES and BACKPACKS
- No hats, sunglasses, bandanas, chains, or objects that are deemed to be disruptive to the learning environment shall be worn.
- All purses should be the size of a three-ring notebook or smaller.
- All backpacks (including cinch sacks) are to be stored in lockers during the day. Space will be designated for sports bags and equipment.
“DRESS DOWN” CODE
- On dress down days, students must still adhere to the “appropriate attire” rule.
- On a regular dress down, students can wear jeans and an appropriate shirt.
- No holes or tears in jeans are permitted unless no skin shows through.
- Shirts must not have inappropriate ads or logos, no holes or tears.
- No see through garments are permitted – even if clothing is worn underneath.
- Principal has discretion to make exceptions or add guidelines when necessary.
**We will have school t-shirts for sale -probably in July. Be watching for a FB announcement about that! We usually have 5 designs at least – in t-shirts, long sleeves and sweatshirts. We LOVE our school shirts, and we like for students to wear those to build school spirit!! They all have positive and theme quotes!