Cell Phones and Mobile Devices The severe kinds of problems that we have faced through student use of cell phones and social media have caused us to develop a new cell phone policy beginning with the 2018-2019 school year. This policy will be in place prior to the first day of school for this year.
• Students are discouraged from bringing cell phones to school.
• If students carry phones, the phones should remain in lockers until the final bell rings at 2:55 pm.
• Cell phones that are out before 2:55 pm will be confiscated and held in the office for one week.
• A parent or guardian will have to come to the school (after the week is up) to pick up the phone. Phones can be picked up in the front office.
• Farristown teachers and staff will not be responsible for lost or stolen phones.
• Students have access to phones and other devices in each classroom if they should need to call parents.
Note: Students who choose to bring phones will want to use the locks for their lockers and NOT share the combination to the lock with other students.